My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.atthesinema.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

This blog and all its contents has relocated to: atthesinema.co.uk
Please go there. Thanks.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Testimonial: Eileen, The Brains


Although I’ve been writing here since May, and most regular visitors have probably got a pretty good idea of who I am, I realised I never did one of these ‘About Me’ things, so here goes:

A wise man (i.e. fellow blogger, Charles) once said ‘science is about understanding the world we live in- arts make it worth living in’. I would definitely class myself as an arts-y type. I have always immersed myself in culture- watching as many films, listening to as many songs, and reading as many books as I can.

Yet, I’ve never been a high-culture freak: I realised pretty early on that what matters- and what makes this world worth living in- is all about what makes us as individuals happy. I have guilty pleasures, but I’m not afraid to admit it. I listen to musical greats, like the Beatles, but Paramore probably receive as much airplay. ‘Baba O’ Reilly’ is one of my favourite songs of all time, but so is ‘Big Girls Don’t Cry’ by Fergie. On my DVD rack, I have ‘Funny Face’ (the 1957 Hepburn classic) right next to ‘Grind’ (a skater flick with fairly immature humour).

It was with this ethos that I set up this blog. I felt that cyberspace was lacking a blog that informed you of all of the latest hot topics, but also celebrated the weird, wonderful, and a little shameful. So, I’ll review the latest films and albums, but I’ll also share with you some of my guilty crushes, or some random pictures of cats in wigs.

So lets stand together against cultural snobs: people who brand music as ‘sell-out’, who form their opinions based on views of famous music blogs, who dress based on the whims of Topshop/Topman. I’ll listen to sell-out bands, and enjoy 'Backspacer' by Pearl Jam, and wear oversized guy’s T-shirts with pride- and least I’m happy, and at the end of the day kids, that’s what makes the world go round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin