My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.atthesinema.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

This blog and all its contents has relocated to: atthesinema.co.uk
Please go there. Thanks.

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Bytes from Cyberspace, Number 3

As an apology for disappearing off the face of the planet for most of January, I thought I'd share with you the snippets of internet goodness that have had me dribbling over my keyboard lately. Trust me, they're good.

1. Karen O, As a Person, As an Idea, As an Entity(Via flickr.com)
I’ve expressed alot of love for Miss O on the blog already, but I couldn’t help but share this stunning photograph of her with you all. The photographer (whose work can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/laughingmanimages/) seems to have clicked the shutter at the perfect moment- this expression pretty much sums up the crazy, playful, loveable eccentricity that she is known for. And I really want my own headdress made out of hands.

2. Tegan and Sara’s ‘Hell’ Music Video
(via www.teganandsara.com)

You can always rely on Tegan and Sara to provide the world with a crazy, random-ass music video that makes absolutely no sense. Well, I suppose there might be some hidden meaning to it all that only really smart, intuitive people get, but I most certainly don’t. Also, the crazy knitted person is liable to give me nightmares for some time to come.

3. This Girl’s Hairpiece(via lookbook.nu)
I used to think lookbook.nu was a webaite for fashionable people to gloat about how fashionable they are. But now, I find it kind of beautiful and inspiring. Take this girl, for example; that awesome hairpiece? Yeh, she made it herself. Lovely.

4. Viet-My Bui(via www.ravenskar.deviantart.com)
I absolutely love this girl’s artwork. Her use of colour- whether it be all-out Technicolor wonderfulness or a more moody and sultry palette- is incredible. Her style settles somewhere in between the idealised, simplified lines of cartoon work, and more serious, lifelike pieces. And she’s only 21. And she’s not even a professional artist- she’s a law student! What a travesty. You can also find out more about her (she’s also very fashionable, and generally rather cool), on her blog, here.

5. Quentin Veron’s A/W 2010 Collection(Via shinysquirrel.typepad.com)
Oh, the opulence! The drama! The flashes of thigh and lashings of colour! With less of a price tag, and less fur (neither of which is likely to happen), this could be one of the best A/W collections I’ve seen.

1 comment:

Green Innovations said...

I like this blog. It's okay to appreciate fashion. All I ask is that you consider Eco-Fashion.

I have a "Green" blog: http://grninnovations.blogspot.com

I blog about everything green, including fashion.

Keep up the good work. See you around cyberspace.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin