My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.atthesinema.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

This blog and all its contents has relocated to: atthesinema.co.uk
Please go there. Thanks.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Playlist 11: Sex


Fergie - London Bridge
Marks must go to Stacey Ferguson (better known as Fergie) for the use of such an original and unusual metaphor. I’m not entirely sure which part of her anatomy she is refering to as the ‘London Bridge’, but I get the jist and I’m pretty sure that she wants some... ‘How come every time you come around my London London bridge wana go down like...wana go down?’


I Want You - Kings of Leon
I have nothing to say other than; ‘A choke and a gag, she spit up and came back for more.’ Lovely.

The Sex Has Made Me Stupid - Robots in Disguise
Nowadays it is impossible to listen to the radio without hearing some chart-topping-horny-rapping-shitty-sexist-male singing about how much he loves to fuck faceless women, so it is refreshing to hear the female voices of Sue and Dee performing a spot of role reversal. ‘Please sir can I have some more, I want you on the floor, get down, GO’. And be quick about it yeah.


Sexyback -Justin Timberlake
I have to admit, I used to have a slight crush on Justin (mainly for his dancing and good looks rather than the music) but he has produced a few gems in his time; ‘Cry Me a River’ and ‘Sexyback’ to name a few. ‘Dirty babe, you see these shackels baby I’m your slave, i’ll let you whip me if I misbehave’... Ooft, how could you say no to that?!

William Powers - The Maccabees
This song is more about lust than sex itself. Orlando Weeks (cool name by the way) sings about the destructive powers of desire, and his struggle to stay faithfull. ‘There is love, there is lust, there is love fuelled lust, and a thing called trust which I must not break, for you.’ Keep it up Orlando.

Bounce -Timbaland
If you like futuristic technology, more half-naked ladies than you can imagine, the teasingly sexy voice of Timbabland behaving like a pimp, and/or sex through a door then the video for this song is the one for you. (Seriously though, door sex? What?). Oh, and Timberlake reeaaally wants a threesome - ‘I got the remedy, it’s you on me, then me on you, then you on her, and y’all on me’ etc.

Sleepyhead - Passion Pit
Again, this song is less obviously about sex, focusing more on the pressure and expectation it brings that the act itself. Passion Pit’s lyrics are what make their songs stand out for me, and this is no exception. ‘They crowd your bedroom like some thoughts wearing thin, against the walls against your rules against your skin’.

Ice Cream - New Young Pony Club
So seeing as this playlist is about sex, I’m ending on a high (literally). This song is basically a lusty Tahita saying ‘Let me give you what you'd like’ over and over again. Well if you can, then why not really. ‘Drink me like a liquor c'mon and dip your dipper, show me what you're here for, guy’. Of course, that’s not all that guys are usefull for...maybe some of them can cook too.

3 comments:

Chloe said...

awesome picks. its good to see us pick some r&b and rap tunes! We're diverse!

emma said...

I laughed at least five times reading this. And that's properly out loud, not just lol

Eileen said...

Hellz yeah Fergie!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin