My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.atthesinema.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

This blog and all its contents has relocated to: atthesinema.co.uk
Please go there. Thanks.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Spotify Discoveries

I have become a massive fan of spotify radio because its helped me to discover some beautiful little music gems. So, I'd thought I'd share them with you. All subtitles are links to the song in question.

These indie duo hailing from Norway are described on Wikipedia for "being known for their delicate tunes, calming voices, and intricate and subtle guitar melodies" and honestly I couldn't put it better myself. This song is mellow, slow and easy to listen to. The guitars in this song are what make it beautiful and combined with the vocals this song is a intricate masterpiece.

It's About Time - One Night Only
This band had a minor amount of success in 2007 but they have since really dropped off the radar whilst composing their second album and honestly I'd forgotten about them, until today. This song isn't anything profound, it has all the makings of an indie song but what I like is the front man George Craig's voice. You can hear the Yorkshire accent, which is what makes this song stand out from the crowd. Also, he's a little factoid, George Craig's brother is the drummer for Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong and he is currently a model for Burberry. Nice. He also came below Boris Johnson in the GQ's 'Best Dressed Men'. LOL.

Living in America - The Sounds
I've always been a massive fan of female vocals and The Sounds happens to be just one of those bands. The Swedish front woman voice is unique and the use of syncy sounds, including robot voices and vampire movie organs this song is completely its own. Oh and its so repetitive it'll get stuck in your head like anything. The band have been compared to rock legends like Blondie and sang on the soundtrack of 'Snakes on a Plane', which frankly is awesome.

4 comments:

Donald Chung said...

the sounds <3

BPO said...

Hello,
I am Jennifer from Blogcatalog.
Nice post.I liked reading it.
Thanks,

Unknown said...

Good information dude.

Eileen said...

The girl from The Sounds looks rad!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin