My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.atthesinema.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

This blog and all its contents has relocated to: atthesinema.co.uk
Please go there. Thanks.

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Karen-O-Rama! Part I

It's finally arrived- due to the success of Green-a-Rama, I present to you: Karen-O-Rama!
In the second chapter of my series on how to dress like my favorite fashion icons, I present to you three of my favorite Karen O looks, and how you get the same vibe in your outfits. So, without further ado, I present to you:

Part One- Black and Blue (Click to Enlarge):Studded Motorcycle Leather Jacket, Stella and Jamie, $403.75
Admittedly, this example is a little pricey, but good quality leather always is. For full Karen O effect, you may want to attack your leather jacket with a stud gun. As you can see in the image, Karen's jacket looks like she just stepped out of an explosion in a studgun factory. However, if you're gong to do this, maybe opt for a cheaper jacket- I don't know about you, but I'm not rich/carefree/stupid enough to splurge on a high-quality jacket just to maim it (even if the results are quite cool).

Structured Tulip Dress, Topshop, 40.00
This dress is the epitome of sexiness. I can't tell whether or not Karen is wearing a top and a skirt (because I'm blind without my glasses), but either way, this dress paired with a leather jacket will make you look both cool and do-able- a very good combination.

Opaque Tights, Bloomingdale's, $6.25
I think this look would work equally well with bare legs, but if you want to go all-out on the blue front, I advise buying a pair of quality coloured tights, such as this pair form Bloomingdale's, because there's nothing worse than laddered tights. Unless they're those purposefully-laddered tights, but I found those a little pointless. They cost more than normal tights- why? Surely, if you liked that sort of thing, you could just buy a cheap pair and ladder them yourselves?

Leather Platform Pumps, JS by Jessica Mary, $59.95
I own only one pair of heels (hot pink, patent leather, 9.5 cm heels), so I really have no clue when it comes to shoes. However, I think these leather shoes look quite versatile- worn with this outfit, they're kind of punk-rock, but you could probably dress 'em down as well.

Studded Belt, Guess, $42.00
I love studded belts, but none of mine are quite as glamorous as this. Adds a little bit of pizazz to the outfit, I feel.

Neoclassical Coral Lipstick, Elizabeth Arden, $19.50
To finish off the look, some bright red lipstick. Why it;s called 'Neoclassical Coral' and not just 'Bright Red', I don't know.

Also, for your aural enjoyment, one of Karen O's songs. As there are 3 Yeah Yeah Yeahs albums and three looks, I thought one from each album. So, from 'Fever to Tell', here is Maps:



The Complete Series:
Karen-O-Rama! Pt. I
Karen-O-Rama! Pt. II
Karen-O-Rama! Pt. III

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin