My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.atthesinema.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

This blog and all its contents has relocated to: atthesinema.co.uk
Please go there. Thanks.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Top 10 Sexiest Musicians With Facial Hair

I've wanted to do this post for quite some time- although redheads and glasses might be attractive, there has always been a special place in my heart for beardy gentlemen. I remember one of my first crushes being Jonathan Frakes (who plays Commander William T. Riker in Star Trek). You may think I'm a complete wierdo (I am, admittedly), but there are some fine-lookin' guys out there sporting some sort of facial hair- whether it be a full-on beard, moustache, extreme sideburns or even just stubble. To prove this to you, here is my list of beardy guys who you might fine quite nice-looking.
Note: I'm sorry to report this post features no chicks (how messed up would that be?), but there are some awesome songs to check out if hairy men don't do it for you.
Note 2: Certain parts of the text below are in no way sarcastic at all. Because I'm English, y'know, and we're not at all sarcastic. We don't even know what that word means.

Sergio Pizzorno (Kasabian)
Serg is a bit of a favorite between beard-lovers and beard-phobes alike. His look, which could only be described as 'What would
happen if Jack Sparrow and Robin Hood had a lovechild in an indie band', has set hearts racing all around. His music's not too bad, either.
MP3: Kasa
bian- Ladies and Gentlemen (Roll the Dice)


Christopher Tomson (Vampire Weekend)
Vampire Weekend were the band on everyone's mind last year- their self-titled debut album rocketed up the charts and was a firm favorite with indie music lovers. However, what was on my mind was not just their charming, melodic music, but also Chris (the one brandishing a keyboard like a maniac in the picture above). Yummy.

Justin Vernon (Bon Iver, Volcano Choir)
Ooft, I cannot get enough of this man's voice- whether or not he's going acoustic and soulful (Bon Iver) or experimental (Volcano Choir), h
is versatile vocals never fail to satisfy. He's also rockin' that whole fair-haired thing, which I'm not a massive fan of, but for Justin, I'll make an exception.

Jesse F Keeler and Al-P (MSTRKRFT)
I know it's a wee bit of a cheat sandwiching two guys into one Top 10 entry, but this way you get more beardy goodness, which is always a good thing. Rather than bore you with another account of how much I love Death From Above 1979 (Jesse'
s other band), I thought I'd bring you a little slice of MSTRKRFT. Check out that facial hair- hot, no?
MP3: MSTRKRFT- Work On You



Cody Bonnette and Aaron Lunsford (As Cities Burn)
As Cities Burn are definitely one of my favorite Christian rock// post-hardcore bands, and their most recent album, 'Hell or High Water', is one of my favorites of this year. The picture of them in the wilderness is quite
dashing, you must admit.

Andy Hull (Manchester Orchestra)
Another band who've produced one of my top albums of this year ('Mean Everything To Nothing), Manchester Orchestra have continually impressed with every musical offering
they serve up. Andy Hull, their vocalist, is not only a musical genius, but also a creature of beardy magnificence. I hope you enjoy the saucy beach shot above.
MP3: Andy H
ull, Kevin Devine and Jesse Lacey- Say It Ain't So Live (Weezer Cover)


Patrick Watson
Another dude
who's made a seriously bitchin' album this year- I suppose for some, 'Wooden Arms' is an acquired taste, but to me, it's a delicious smorgasbord of sound. Speaking of delicious, check out his sex face above.

James Mercer (The Shins)
Everyone loves The Shins, so, by default, everyone loves James Mercer (Superman in the picture above). He's got that sort of 'older man' appeal to him.
MP3: Young Pilgrims


Alexisonfire (The Entire Band)
Alexisonfire are my ideal band, for the following reasons:
1. They make good music- always helps, I suppose.
2. They're Canadian. I love Canadians!
3. They're hairy. I love hairy men!
Need I say any more?

mewithoutYou (The Entire Band)
If you love your men beardy, rural, and looking like they've lived in the wilderness for at least a decade, you'll bloody love mewithoutYou. If you don't, you may still love their country, folksy music- I sure do.
MP3: The Fox, The Crow and the Cookie




1 comment:

Adeel Imran said...

nice site.

Sincerely,
Adeel Imran
http://gobblerr.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin