My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.atthesinema.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

This blog and all its contents has relocated to: atthesinema.co.uk
Please go there. Thanks.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Song of the Day: Island, IS by Volcano Choir

My humblest apologies for being a wee bit lax on the posting front of late- I’ve been spending way too much time (stupidly) letting people crash in my empty house. However, I promise as soon as V starts (i.e as soon as all of my friends with money desert me), I’ll give you some awesome stuff to sink your teeth into.
Speaking of awesome stuff- in my absence, it seems that music bloggers everywhere have been coveting one song in particular- ‘Island IS’ by Volcano Choir.
Volcano Choir are the musical collaboration between Justin Vernon (or ‘Bon Iver’, as he is more commonly known), and Collections of Colonies of Bees. An unusual blend, you might agree, but the contrast between these two musical acts makes for some dynamic and original music.
Vernon states that their music is “definitely more on the experimental side of things,” as the music came about before the lyrics, which apparently followed as some sort of stream of consciousness.
They debut LP ‘Unmap’, is due out on 22nd September, and is definitely one to watch in my books. Check out ‘Island, IS’, below;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin