My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.atthesinema.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

This blog and all its contents has relocated to: atthesinema.co.uk
Please go there. Thanks.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

5 Fashions: "Miss Candy Twist"


Ok, so it's been sunny on and off for nearly a week now, and in Britain, that means one thing- summer, baby! Despite my previous pledge to avoid bright colours that will wash me out, I couldn't resist taking a sneak-peek at some of the kaleidoscopic delights I'm missing out on. Delights such as:

1. Red Kimono Dress, $129.00, Indie Shopper
Oof, I love this dress. It's silky, sexy whilst still being quite kooky. It could be worn with anything- pumps, hells, jeans- or, as the web page suggests, as a cover up at the beach. I'd rather not risk ruining a $129.99 silk dress at the beach, but maybe that's just because I'm poor and fashionless.



2. Tasker 009, £130.00, Rebecca Torres

Rebecca Torres's bold, geometric design in vibrant colours never cease to amaze me. This exquisite dress is a personal favorite- bright, beautiful and very, very unique. However, the exquisite cape the model is wearing is sold separately (yes, even more money), and you can view that here.






3. Tier Garden Dress, $44.99, Modcloth.com
There are alot of colourful, floral dresses out there at the moment, but I'm partial to this one in particular because it's a little more delicate. Rather than being an explosion of huge, garish fluorescent pansies, the small, more subtly-coloured flowers of this garden dress are alot more palatable, without being too boring. The delicate, frilly material also adds to the subtlety, meaning this dress is wearable by people other than teenagers who look like they've permanently set up camp in their nearest Topshop stores.




4. Candy-Wrapper Clutch, $28, Ecoist
Some people find them unbearably tacky, but I've always secretly worshipped these eco-chic woven handbags made out of old sweet wrappers. Take a look and decide for yourself. Ecoist is particularly good, because as well as the usual multi-coloured affair, there are many different styles and colours to choose from, so there's something for everyone- I particularly love the 'Magazine' one.



5. Vintage 80's Pastel Mini Dress, $11.99 (at the moment), NoirOhio Vintage

This pastel dress is so girly, and so very not me, but I'm a sucker for a good bit of vintage. If I owned a dress like this, I would only wear it with boots or Converse, but it would of course also look very pretty with pumps or high heels. Unfortunately, NoirOhio is auction-based, so if you want it, you'd better be quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin