My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.atthesinema.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

This blog and all its contents has relocated to: atthesinema.co.uk
Please go there. Thanks.

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Green-A-Rama! Pt. 1

I’ve come to a sudden and brilliant and realisation; Dallas Green is a fashion icon.
Now, this has nothing at all to do with the fact I’m personally quite of Dallas, whose musical career seamlessly flits between post-hardcore (he’s the lead singer of Alexisonfire) and acoustic (his solo project, City and Colour (Dallas=City, Green=Colour, geddit?)). I do have a genuine admiration for his style- oversized glasses, serious body art and enough flannel shirts to make a lumberjack weep. So, embracing the ‘If-You-Can’t-Have-Him, Dress-Exactly-Like-Him’ mentality, I have below three of my favourite Dallas Green fashion concepts. And, if we dress identically, there’s always a chance he’ll be flattered, take pity on me and my pathetic-ness, and take me out to dinner, right? Right?


Look 1: Little Miss Lumberjack '09 (Click to Enlarge):










Love Is Blind T-Shirt, Tara McPherson, $24.99

You might be able to see in the picture that Dallas is wearing a white T-shirt underneath his lovely red shirt- in a strange part of my brain, I think he could actually be wearing this girls’ fitted Tara McPherson print shirt underneath. Tara McPherson is a truly awesome artist, and you should go check her work out- this particular print was also featured in Juno (it was on Juno’s bedroom wall)- trust me to notice these things.


Chuck Taylor All Star Big Plaid, Converse, $50.00

I want these Converse- they also match the turquoise and red of the Tara McPherson T-Shirt, and add to the whole lumberjack-y feel.


Wild Gal Glasses, ModCloth.com, $11.99

These glasses are also from ModCloth.com- they have a strip of animal print along the top, to add a little extra foxiness to any look. Choose from lizard, tiger or zebra.


High Waist Denim Shorts, NoirOhio Vintage, Auction

Because you can never go wrong with a good pair of shorts. Unless you have really, really hideous legs.


Vintage Red Plaid Flannel, Rare Treasure, $24.00

I want this flannel shirt so badly. I’ve actually been dreaming about it- how I would stumble around house parties in this shirt and some cheeky little hotpants, looking casual yet cool. Alas, I shall inevitably have to let this shirt go, as there’s only one on Etsy, I don’t have a sufficient cash flow, and I kind of already have three flannel shirts.


MP3: City and Colour- Casey's Song

The complete series:
Green-a-Rama! Pt 1
Green-a-Rama! Pt 2
Green-a-Rama! Pt. 3


New! Karen-O-Rama! See the first part here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin