My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.atthesinema.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

This blog and all its contents has relocated to: atthesinema.co.uk
Please go there. Thanks.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Mariana's Trench, I Shake My Head at Thee


Just to quickly share this with you:
Last night, after writing a rather damning review of Mariana's Trench's 2nd album, Masterpiece Theatre, I was feeling a little cruel. I mean, they are a good band, and the sheer brilliance of 'Fix Me' is enough to overlook the pop-y, slightly overblown spectacle of 'Masterpiece Theatre'. Then I watched this video. Then I realised the edgy alt-rockers they once were ain't never coming back.

What you're about to witness is the strangest red carpet entrance to the MMVA's (Much Music Video Awards) ever known to man. Don't get me wrong, I'm partial to a good spectacle once in a while- I had a good chuckle at their enormous-sandwich related hijinks at last year's awards. But do you not think cheerleaders, a carnival float AND a full-bloody-orchestra were a bit much? What if the float had run over a hapless celebrity on the red carpet? Not only is this display of grandeur quite clearly a health and safety nightmare, but, well- don't you think it's all a bit much? Mariana's Trench, I Shake My Head at Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin